Cardinal selected as 1 of 10 school districts in the United States.
New Food Service Director, Heather Smith will be representing Cardinal. This is another exciting step towards the total transformation of our food and nutrition department.
NFSMI is looking for 10 new school nutrition directors with 3 years or less experience who are interested in attending our Orientation to School Nutrition Management Seminar August 13-17, 2012, in Southhaven, MS (outside of Memphis, TN) as a pilot participant. NFSMI provides funding for travel expenses.
Orientation to School Nutrition Management Seminar is designed for new and aspiring school nutrition directors. Participants receive information essential to the operation of cost-effective, customer-focused school nutrition programs that promote healthy eating behaviors. The seminar provides an overview of school nutrition programs, defines the role and responsibilities of a director, and reviews the relationship between local policies and state/federal regulations. Management topics include:
* School Wellness and the Healthy School Environment
* Menu Planning/Healthier US School Challenge
* Program Accountability, Integrity, and the Role of the Director
* Procurement and Inventory Management
* Technology and Information Systems
* Special Needs
* Work Place Safety and Emergency Preparedness
* Green/Environmental Conservation
* Human Resource Management
* Marketing and Communication
* Financial Management